Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Not So Big Life...

Ok, so, here it goes. First of all let me introduce myself. My name is Tisha and I am fat. I wasn't always fat, in fact, I thought I was kind of cute and slim. But low and behold, after a rough couple of years and thanks to Pepsi Cola...yes, when you drink 2 -2 liters a day, you will gain weight...I am now 197 lbs and miserable.

Being fat isn't fun, it isn't beautiful and it isn't empowering. It is sloppy, lazy, sweaty and just freaking gross. I don't care what anyone says, you cannot be happy and healthy mentally or otherwise if you are fat.

Enter Kirstie Alley into my Life, I don't mean she entered my life, I am not psychotic, well maybe that is a stretch, but anyway, I have never met Kirstie, but I identify with her. I used to do the club scene. In my tiny little universe, I was pretty popular. I could sing, dance and I am damn funny, more than a little crazy, I had it going on. Then I started to gain weight. I started noticing about the same time I was bitching about my weight, so was Kirstie Alley. I bought the tabloids, I watched Fat Actress and I met my new best friend. Except when Kirstie did Jenny Craig, I couldn't afford it. So as Kirstie lost the weight, I remained flat on my back talking to my clients, I am a psychic, spiritual counselor, drinking Pepsi and remaining fat. I was very disappointed that Fat Actress didn't continue and I just spiraled.

You know you are depressed when you can't remember the last time you showered, you know you did one time recently, but you can't remember. Your house is a maze of empty Pepsi two liters and you hope you remembered to brush your hair just before you enter the corner store to pick up your next two liter. I was a mess. I am still a mess, but something has occurred. Kirstie Alley is back. As I watch with my daughter and we laugh and laugh, I realize that I am not the only fat mess out there. My life while weird and lonely isn't all that different from a lot of you out there. I can lose weight. I can have friends and yes, I might even get laid one more time before I die. I will lose weight Kirstie style. Organic Liaison, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Funny, and you're still cute, you're just fluffy. One thought, since it's really worked well for me over the past 6 months, give up the Pepsi. Water, with a splash of lemonade or juice, will give you the sugar you want, but you'll drop about 15 to 20 lbs just from giving up the sugared soda. Yes, really, 15 to 20 lbs. I've lost 30 lbs since last Fall and I lay it directly at the feet of getting off Coke Classic - at least a 12 pk a week. I figured out that I was drinking most of my calories each week because of that. So seriously, try it. It works.

    I'm rooting for you! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the support. I know soda is my biggest downfall. My second biggest downfall is that I was just drinking soda and for 2 sometimes 3 days I didn't eat anything. Then I would totally binge. All fast food and ice creams and stuff. Totally nuts eating. Thanks for the comment about me being cute. I am not hideous but compared to my used to be...I am HUGE and yucky. lol

    Anyway, thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete